This ad is expired.
Adjunct Faculty- Chemistry of Fashion
The School of Health Sciences at Lasell University seeks adjunct professor(s) to teach undergraduate Chemistry in the Fall 2023 semester.
Course Title: Chemistry of Fashion (CHEM 105)
This course examines the connections between chemistry and fashion. This course is a lab centered course where students will explore topics such as light and its' properties; the nature of color; effects of environmental factors such as acids and bases, and oxidation on dyes; synthesis and use of dyes, paints, and pigments. The laboratory procedures apply chemical theory and techniques to learn the chemistry behind materials used in fashion. Students will use spectroscopy and other methods of chemical investigation to examine materials used in art and fashion. Students will conduct inquiry-based projects focusing on areas of interest.
The courses will meet in person:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide on campus instruction for all sessions of assigned courses utilizing the university's philosophy of connected learning
- Align course assignments with program student learning outcomes and university core curriculum learning outcomes; provide student work samples for assessment purposes
- Incorporate Canvas (learning management system) into the course
- Maintain office hours each week
- Keep accurate records of student progress and complete mid-semester and final grade reports
- Candidates should have M.S, M.Ed., or equivalent (PhD preferred) in related field
- Prior undergraduate-level teaching experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to provide mentorship and guidance remotely by email, phone and or video call, and willingness to offer extensive feedback on student work required
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should upload a cover letter, a CV/resume, and the contact information for three references using the form below. Cover letters should specify which course(s) the applicant is available to teach.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/faculty-positions/adjunct-faculty--chemistry-of-fashion.html
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency