This ad is expired.
Adjunct Faculty- Fashion: Draping I
The School of Fashion is searching for an adjunct instructor to teach our Draping I course in the Fall 2023 semester.
Course Title: Draping I
Instructor must have a background in demonstrating the basics of draping practice and theory. A thorough understanding of grain, drag, drape, and muslin manipulation will ensure students successfully complete final projects. Instructor must also have a sound experience in guiding new learners through the garment creation process - from concept through creation. Where this is the student's first design course, the instructor will need to work closely with designers to build skills, understanding of theory, and confidence.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide on campus instruction for all sessions of assigned courses utilizing the university's philosophy of connected learning
- Align course assignments with program student learning outcomes and university core curriculum learning outcomes; provide student work samples for assessment purposes
- Incorporate Canvas (learning management system) into the course
- Maintain office hours each week
- Keep accurate records of student progress and complete mid-semester and final grade reports
- Candidates should have M.S, M.Ed., or equivalent (PhD preferred) in related field
- Prior undergraduate-level teaching experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to provide mentorship and guidance remotely by email, phone and or video call, and willingness to offer extensive feedback on student work required
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should upload a cover letter, a CV/resume, and the contact information for three references using the form below. Cover letters should specify which course(s) the applicant is available to teach.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/faculty-positions/adjunct-faculty--fashion-draping-i-.html
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency